The Christmas season is a great time to get your small business in the spirit! There are so many fun and festive ways to get social media content out there that will engage and excite your followers. I've put together a list of 24 ideas to help you get started. From holiday contests to funny memes, I have listed here some ideas. So put on your Santa hat and let's get started!
1. Host a social media contest: This is a great way to increase engagement and get people talking about your brand. You can have people enter by liking, sharing, or commenting on a post, or by using a specific hashtag. Make sure to offer a prize that will excite your followers!
2. Share holiday-themed photos and videos: This is a great way to show off your products or services in a festive way. You can also get creative with this one and do things like set up a holiday-themed photobooth or make a fun video.
3. Create holiday-themed graphics: Get creative with your photos and create some fun and festive graphics. This is a great way to show off your brand's personality and make your social media posts stand out.
4. Share holiday recipes: If you have a food-related business, this is a great way to get people talking about your products. You can share recipes that use your products, or even create festive versions of your products.
5. Offer holiday discounts: Everyone loves a good deal, so this is a great way to increase sales during the holiday season. Make sure to promote your discounts on social media and in your other marketing channels.
6. Share your holiday hours: This is important information for your customers, so make sure to share it in a prominent way on social media. You can even create a graphic or video to go along with it.
7. Create a social media Advent calendar: This is a great way to build anticipation and excitement for your brand leading up to Christmas. Each day, you can reveal a new product, offer a discount, or share some other fun content.
8. Do a social media takeover: This is a fun way to change things up and get some new people talking about your brand. You can have someone from your team take over your social media channels for a day or even a week and share their holiday experiences.
9. Share customer testimonials: This is a great way to show off your happy customers and what they love about your products or services. You can ask for testimonials specifically for the holidays, or simply share ones that you've received in the past.
10. Give back: The holidays are a great time to give back to those in need. If you have a charity that you support, make sure to share it on social media and encourage your followers to donate if they can.
11. Create a holiday social media template: This is a great way to make your social media posts more festive and save time. You can use Canva or another online design tool to create a holiday-themed template that you can use for all of your posts.
12. Share holiday office photos: This is a fun way to show off your team and their holiday spirit. You can take photos of everyone in their ugly Christmas sweaters or decorating the office.
13. Do a social media scavenger hunt: This is a great way to increase engagement and get people talking about your brand. You can hide clues in your social media posts and have people solve them to find a prize.
14. Offer free shipping: This is a great way to increase sales and encourage people to buy from your brand. Make sure to promote your free shipping offer on social media and in your other marketing channels.
15. Have a social media holiday party: This is a great way to get people talking about your brand. You can host a virtual party and have people share photos or videos of themselves enjoying your products.
16. Giveaway holiday-themed prizes: This is a great way to increase engagement and get people excited about your brand. You can give away things like gift cards, festive baskets, or even products from your brand.
17. Share holiday decorating tips: If you have a home décor business, this is a great way to get people talking about your products. You can share tips on how to decorate for the holidays, or even show off some of your own holiday decor.
18. Offer holiday gift-wrapping services: This is a great way to increase sales and make your customers' lives easier. You can promote this service on social media and in your other marketing channels.
19. Share holiday travel tips: If you have a travel-related business, this is a great way to get people talking about your products and services. You can share tips on how to travel safely during the holidays, or even offer some special holiday deals.
20. Share your holiday menu: This is a great way to get people talking about your restaurant or catering business. You can share photos or videos of your holiday menu, or even give people a sneak preview of what you'll be serving.
21. Sponsor a holiday event: This is a great way to get your brand name out there and support your community. You can sponsor a local holiday parade, tree lighting ceremony, or other event.
22. Give back to employees: The holidays are a great time to show your employees how much you appreciate them. You can offer holiday bonuses, gift cards, or even extra time off.
Videos - what can you do via live video to gain engagement on your social media?
23. Give a behind-the-scenes look at your business: This is a great way to show off your team and what goes into making your products or services. You can do a live tour of your office or factory, or even show people how you make your products.
24. Do a holiday Q&A: This is a great way to engage with your audience and answer their questions about your business or the holidays. You can do a live Q&A session on social media, or even host a webinar.
If you would like regular updates, help, hints and tips to getting ahead with your social media, subscribe today at www.thesocialmediacoach.co.uk. Or join my membership, a private Facebook group with live tutorials each week. You can find out more here. https://www.thesocialmediacoach.co.uk/join-the-crew